Face of Peace


Entitled Face of Peace, or Peace Babe

This illustration was originally done for a CD cover, but was never used.

Created by hand-drawn pencil outline on paper, then digitally coloured in Adobe Photoshop. Took me three full days of hard work to get rid of any rough outlines, neaten the outlines, colour in with the gradient tool, drawing shapes and playing around with the font. Much time was also spent researching on the meaning of flowers and suitable flower pix to include on the cover.

I was inspired by Alphonse Mucha, and I also did a lot of research on his work before drawing this out. Alphonse Maria Mucha (24 July 1860 – 14 July 1939) was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, most well known for his images of women. I was particularly fascinated by the way he drew hair, dresses and flowers.

Some of his illustrations I've found on the net are:


Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter

 
Various posters he designed

a blonde warrior

Monaco Monte-Carlo

Hope you've enjoyed my illustration!
x pixy

Comments

Popular Posts