Sketchbook Project 2012: Page 24-25

Sketchbook Project 2012 by Little Pixy Boots.

Title: Dragon Twirl

Sketchbook Project 2012 - Little Pixy Boots - Dragon  Twirl
I haven't given up on dragons, as you can see.

I'm not sure how they fit into my theme of *Miracles*, but here's an intersting story for you.

I was born by Cesaerian section even though at the time of my birth, these procedures are used only in breech births or emergencies. Actually my mum says that I would have been a breech birth, because I was still sitting comfortably on my bum when they brought me out, according to my mum's nurse.

Anyway because I was due on Friday the 13th, my superstitious mum wanted another date. Since I was a "planned" baby,  my equally superstitious grandma went to a fortune-teller to get the best date and time to be born. But because my mum has always warned me against revealing my exact birth date and time to strangers, I need to keep it a bit vague here.  So they decided that I was going to be born on a certain date in the Dragon hour. But... because the doctor was late, I was literally a last-minute baby. 

I think that accounts for the fact that I'm so last-minute for the rest of my life, if I did it for my birth!

But that also goes to show how much the Chinese value the Dragon energy / year / hour and how auspicious they think it is. Even though it's just a mystical creature, I do tend to think they must have existed as a nearly extinct species of dinosaurs during human evolution.

A few more pages left...

x
pixy

Comments

Popular Posts