Illustration Friday: Transportation



This week, I wanted to fly.

Title: Flying practice
My inspiration was one of my many flying dreams -flying over mountains, forests, rivers and oceans. 

In this one, I was having flight practice - I was training my will and energy to control my speed and height. 

I could fly very close to the tree-tops, or I could soar straight up into the sky like a rocket.

Flying practice - closeup
I like my blue hair, lavender skin and blue shoes. I'm not sure why I have a yellow aura,
and such weird coloured skin and hair. Ask my muse, if you can reach her at her busy hotline.

Flying feet
The shoeless foot was a happy mistake. First, I wanted to make my flying spirit barefoot, then I decided that she shall wear the pair of blue ballet pumps I bought at a sale but never wore this summer. They shall be magic shoes, kinda like Dorothy's in Wizard of Oz.

(As I was drawing straight on paper with ink, I couldn't erase my mistake. But I think it adds a whimsical touch to my drawing.)

Flying practice - font
My font on this drawing evolved as I wrote on the paper. I had the inspiration to make it look like rainbow musical notes.

Flying practice - stars
I wanted my stars to break convention. Why should stars be just white? They are multi-coloured in space, and so they shall be multi-coloured on my drawing. My spirit is leaving behind a trail of stars and I love that idea that we all leave behind traces of ourselves on Earth, like stardust.

Notice that the background is with Norwegian houses and pine trees? I was flying over Norway in my dream too. I haven't seen pine forests in Norway from above, but if I did, they would look like the trees I've drawn.

Illustrated with watercolour pencils on ordinary white paper, in a notebook.

* * *
pixy

2. Other Illustration Friday submissions


Comments

  1. I like the blue hair and her cape and the shoeless thing is cute and the blue pump story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, very nice... love the slipper falling behind... footwear isn't important when you're flying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts