Illustration Friday - "Renewal"

 
"Nocturne"

I was inspired by a verse in the song called "Nocturne" by Secret Garden for this illustration, done with acrylic and some gel pens. (Incidentally while I was searching on Youtube for the music video, I found out that this was a Norwegian song entry in Eurovision 1995! Wait till I tell my Viking man when he wakes up... it's almost two pm and he's still in bed :[  )

"Now let the day 
Just slip away
So the dark Night may watch over you

...Nocturne...

Though darkness lay
it will give way
When the dark night delivers the day." 
 
I personalised Night as a suave immortal being with long silvery blond hair (much like an Elf in Lord of the Rings) and day to be a female sleeping in bed. It's contrary to Chinese yin/yang principles where yin is night and feminine, and yang is day and masculine, but hey this is my creative expression!  

Nocturne is symbolic of changes in light and darkness. The Earth turns in an endless cycle where the night delivers the day and the day ends to bring the night. Similarly we renew ourselves each day, being alive, cells rejuvenated, ready and open to new lessons of what life brings us. It's a miracle we are alive on little planet Earth.

The links above lead to the Youtube videos. Enjoy!

x pixy

Comments

Popular Posts